Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sydney Bubbles

I was working last night. I stood on Kent St in this city I have fallen in love with watching people come and go. I stand outside and imagine I am going to be privy to a UFO sighting or a celebrity will suddenly appear and ask me out to dinner. Better still that maybe some movie star of old will re-appear just for me and dance me around a lamp post. I did see an archway leading to a private building which had "since I left you" on it in wrought iron...I have since found that it's a modern bar but in that moment I was transported to another place in a bubble where I have left my husband and this is where I was meant to live now....

A guy turned the corner with his whole life in and surrounding a shopping trolley. I see him every Sunday now. On the path to wherever he sleeps. It was a fleeting moment. I haven't really thought about it since. I did see him the week before on Mardi Gras night sitting and staring and I wondered what his life is like.

This blog isn't really about that actually. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

So a friend of mine was encouraging me to make an attempt at communicating my comedy of a life by blogging about it. It seems I do humour much more effectively than I do solemn or somber :-) So here goes nowt people!

Am off to do some funny writing...


No comments:

Post a Comment