Thursday, March 29, 2012

Poodlemania

There happen to be some Knights in my life. Those who make life bearable when you're not sure how much more you can take. I am very fortunate to have a selection of Knights both male and female and I believe that without them telling me I will be ok I may well not have been. They come in all shapes and sizes and from different areas of the planet. I have those who are very faraway but give me advice like "pull yer knickers up, have a shot of brandy and get on with it, no one's gonna do it for you gal" and those who are able to hug me and say "it's ok to feel utterly exhausted but you are you and you will be ok".

This is the magic I cannot ever take for granted. I like to think I provide the same support to them but I think they sparkle in the light and for this I am truly grateful that I met them.

So I have a lump in my throat. I am told it's an enlarged tonsil. I have had it now for over a week so I visited the doctor who promptly and slightly disinterestedly (It wasn't covered in infection and I wasn't passing out, maybe I should have said I had chest pains) told me there is nothing they can do and it could take up to 6 weeks to subside, deflate, get smaller. Amazingly I didn't ask what caused this, I was so enthusiastic to leave after a $60 consultation which told me nothing I almost ran out of the building. This is my practical side of course, the sensible part that is missing from my brain. I am not too worried about all this except for the fact that today I am finding it slightly difficult to swallow but I feel it's over-rated to be able to eat comfortably anyway or at all in fact. I long for the days when I simply need an injection once a month to stock me up for 28 days of nutrition. I jest of course. I may seek a second opinion but am loathe to pay another $60 for the same diagnosis as this bored GP delivered. I believe red wine is the answer, I think it deserves a mention at least once a blog :-)

My Alien cat is back at the vet and the $60 for the lumpy throat "diagnosis encore" has been allocated to him this week. He is not healing and therefore must have a second operation to re-stitch him. Of course along with this comes countless episodes of CAT-er-whaling, mad dashes around the house chasing shadows, paws on faces, ankle biting and scratching on furniture I don't own. When my Vinny alien is in a bad mood (caused by hunger or denial of exit) he saunters up to me seductively, rubs himself on my legs giving me an extreme false sense of security and then bites me very hard to show his absolute disgust and insistence that the situation be corrected. If I get up and walk around my flat when he is in one of these moods he launches after me attacking my legs. I can't help but laugh. I do believe my friend is right when he says Vinny IS going to take over the World and Black Poodles WILL make it into the equation. He has a spaceship somewhere and he's not afraid to use it. One day it will show up and collect him and that will be the last day of Earth as we know it.  The only safe ones will be Poodles, himself and Phoebe dog AKA Madame Phoeboir Hoover. I do believe they are in some kind of relationship, they brazenly and shamelessly fall asleep together constantly.

Ironically I don't think I will be safe at the end of days (Poodlemania). Vinny obviously wants me alive as I take such good care of him but the Alien brethren probably won't permit it. Until it happens I can rely on the same friend to text me randomly telling me he has met a black poodle on the pavement and he doesn't know what to do. I generally tell him to "RUN!!!". Be afraid, be very afraid...








No comments:

Post a Comment