You know it's going to be a good day when the first door handle you turn comes off in your hand.
It's 7am on a Sunday and I'm sitting on a milk crate out the front of a 7/11 being the obstruction which causes the automatic doors to periodically open and close :) I'm sure I look quite fancy but the milk crate is keeping my ego in check.
Sydney was quiet 15 mins ago but it's now kicking into gear and I have had to retreat into the shop to avoid being blasted by a road sweeper with a young man and power hose trailing behind. It looks like so much fun watering pavements.
I've been reasonably clumsy already today and have only been awake for 3 hours. Balancing coffees and paperwork and dropping things in the street. When I bought my gorgeous coffee (man she was a good barista) I managed to drop all my loose change on the ground. She smiled sweetly and we had a "moment", both good natured sleepyheads :). A friendly happy female barista working on a Sunday, elusive yet endearing creatures.
A friend has just text to say theres an albatross in his sink, I might have to make a dash across town to assist. This is what happens when most of your mates work in conservation ;) Sleepy Sunday morning imagination is boundless and makes me giggle. He's heading in to help me balance more coffee cups.
I just got locked in a mail room, not an entirely unpleasant experience but would have been a little inconvenient considering I'm working. For anyone who remembers the Crystal Maze it felt like I was on a challenge and half expected a team mate to open a small peaky hole in the door yelling encouragement for me to find my way out. I had visions of being there all day amongst the letters but managed to find the right door, the um one I entered through xo
Ok three men have just walked past me with a shopping trolley full of stationery, the third pushing an office wheelie chair. Too blatant to be an office works robbery surely...
Have a fabulous Sunday folks :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment