Thursday, April 19, 2012

To live would be an awfully big adventure

I had a gorgeous meal with a friend earlier, she used her new slow cooker and made me some vege delight, not before I had eaten a huge block of brie and half a tub of homous. I am a total foodie who has to fight the urge to buy it in the supermarket but if it's plonked down in front of me  I'l eat everything but the pattern on the plate...

We lounged on the couch afterwards, chatting about what we want to do, she's not sure, just finishing a psychology degree but wants her own cafe and I m loving the world of opportunities laying at her feet :-). Me, I want to be a Journalist (I would Aussily say "Journo" but another friend put me off the slang saying it doesn't befit the art, hence full word). We did this back and forth batting ideas around for a little while and then we got into "feelings", we are pro's at this us ladies...

I have a pre-occupation with young things at the moment. I am slightly dillusional in my thinking that approaching the ripe age of 33 means I am old. Understandably this dillusion leads me to not only have a renewed liking for boy bands but also has led me to thoughts about relationships and differences in age on either side. The friend I am with is dating a younger man and it's all going swimmingly.

The "bad press" (I put this in inverted commas because it's hearsay from friends and colleagues not actual press if you will), well the bad press I hear about older women and younger men is that it is doomed to failure. These boys I am led to believe will inevitably evolve and become different people whilst being inside a relationship with you and then leave you broken hearted and alone. I am afraid to some extent I can see how this could happen.

However, being the dreamer I am and also the forever optimist, I would like to wholeheartedly support my friend as she sits there on her couch looking dreamy while she talks about her and her boy, getting engaged, getting a house, a dog and having children. "He wants a Bengal cat", yes of course he does I nod at her and grin.

I love LOVE! It's almost more fun for me to watch her go through this agonisingly beautiful emotion, almost in pain she loves him so much than it is for me to experience it myself. I say almost, I want it too. The magic in her eyes and the way she describes him wanting her and no one else, "he even likes all the un-sexy things about me", my gosh it's almost too delicious a feeling when you're inside it! I adore it, covet it and when I have it I'll keep it thanks x I'm grinning on her behalf and singing "La Vie en Rose" in my head along to this pitter patter that is young hearts colliding.

I am sitting there starting to recall scenes from movies I love and Casper's "can I keep you?" I find almost too beautiful to pass over.
"Kat?"
(sleepily) "yeah?"
(whisper) "Can I keep you?"
(almost dreaming) "mhhmm"...and then he ghost kisses her...my heart melted...

I think they will work just fine and dandy, I am the one that dreamt the ending to Peter Pan before "Hook" derived. With Peter and Wendy setting up home in a treehouse together and looking after the lost boys until the end of time, Tinkerbell just had to get over it. I am destined to live in treehouses for the rest of my life (I'm on my second) so here's hoping my Pan will show up and match me up and "keep" me forever.

In years to come when they are inviting me over to their daughter's wedding I want to be the one that believed it was magical and possible. I don't want to be the cynic, it just doesn't work in my brain.

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting"


No comments:

Post a Comment