Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The "Milky" way

They are saying today that cocoa supplies may be exhausted by 2020. I don't quite know how to handle this news. It makes me want to run around the local supermarket buying all their cream eggs and Kinder surprises.  I could get a "War stash" together, an Apocalypse supply if you will.

For us girls it is tantamount to the end of days! I don't think people want the wrath of millions of women and so to be realisitc we need to create more cocoa, simple as that. Yeah...simple...

I remember a very good friend a few weeks ago being absolutely dumbfounded that I would take chocolate icecream and purchase pouring cream to tip all over it. You know those big round tubs of luury ice cream you can get? yes and then cream, and then maybe chocolate flakes and bits of walnut? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My friend is still mentioning the conversation 6 weeks on but being a boy he just wouldn't understand.

The Ivory Coast which produces 40% of the World's cocoa beans has had bad harvests and it is is as a result of El Nino. Does anyone else not think that if we looked after our planet better we may still have chocolate?

This in turn begs the question : Is the global consumption of chocolate and our reliance on it enough to make us wake up finally or should we just bumble on blind as ever?

I hope it's the latter. The next thing we need to do is sabotage hop harvests, then all the men would start using environmentally friendly products and we would stop pouring bleach down the sink...

Just a thought Australia, World, Planet....just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment