I put my heeled black boots on before anything else this morning because I don't feel wholly awesome and somehow the boots help. It's something about being all feminine and fantastic or sassy. It just does it for us. I have to confess it has worked slightly. The elevation is having an effect both in stature and in mood.
A very old friend, actually I think my 3rd friend in the entire world since I was born, Kelly, ran the London Marathon yesterday and I am in awe of her. She has always been athletic but she has also been motivated and someone I look up to. She just has that drive that gets things done and I have a great admiration for that quality. We have been friends since I was very little, playing with my little ponies and wearing ridiculous 80's clothes (Mum I may never forgive you for the Panda Teddy jumper with outstanding purple bows? Was it bows? and glittery bejeweled eyes but I give you "props" for the puff dresses and floaty skirts, I would still wear them now).
Right I have settled on an outfit, I never thought it would happen, in that sort of bubble of indecision this morning, everything's a "little off". However, this will change as the day goes on. I just have to remember I'm me and all will be well :)
Getting back to Kelly, I remember we used to go to Alton Towers most years.The strongest memory I have is of Kelly is us sitting in the Passat my Dad owned on the way back from a day of rollercoasters and sweets getting completely stuck on the word "Mississippi" (had to spell check that), and she kept pronouncing it "Missis Zippy" much to the hilarity of her little blonde theme park comrade. We were in convulsions all the way home. 7 and 8 year old girls have a tendency to have contagious giggling fits and I ,not being able to breathe for laughing, would turn red and spluttery and plead for mercy. How often do you do that now?
I think childhood innocence is unparralleled and I have taken a lilliputian amount of that through into adult life. My gosh I had to use "lilliputian"! Although I sound like a complete arse throwing it in how good is that word! Actually I have taken more than a lilliputian (encore for the standing ovation that is that word), I have taken a veritable banquet of childlike behaviours through to adulthood.
There is jumping in puddles where I find it always best if you find a really deep one and then jump as hard as you can, sliding down stair rails getting up enough speed to catapult yourself off the end through the front door and out into the street: "Hello World I'm ready for my day!" and of course there is always good old fashioned supermarket trolley riding which I find is a really handy way to brighten someone's day while they are grocery shopping. If a child does this it's cute and people smile as they walk past. If a grown woman does it the majority of the time you get a good old giggle from other shoppers. It's worth doing.
So today I might do all three. It's raining so I'll have the puddles covered (I have my sassy black boots on after all), my job resides up some stairs with a bannister so that's do-able : "Hello world I'm ready for LUNCH!" and well there's a supermarket round the corner and I need some more dog food. Ready? Set? GO MONDAY!!! Man I feel better already...
Have a good one x
LOVEbird :-D
A very old friend, actually I think my 3rd friend in the entire world since I was born, Kelly, ran the London Marathon yesterday and I am in awe of her. She has always been athletic but she has also been motivated and someone I look up to. She just has that drive that gets things done and I have a great admiration for that quality. We have been friends since I was very little, playing with my little ponies and wearing ridiculous 80's clothes (Mum I may never forgive you for the Panda Teddy jumper with outstanding purple bows? Was it bows? and glittery bejeweled eyes but I give you "props" for the puff dresses and floaty skirts, I would still wear them now).
Right I have settled on an outfit, I never thought it would happen, in that sort of bubble of indecision this morning, everything's a "little off". However, this will change as the day goes on. I just have to remember I'm me and all will be well :)
Getting back to Kelly, I remember we used to go to Alton Towers most years.The strongest memory I have is of Kelly is us sitting in the Passat my Dad owned on the way back from a day of rollercoasters and sweets getting completely stuck on the word "Mississippi" (had to spell check that), and she kept pronouncing it "Missis Zippy" much to the hilarity of her little blonde theme park comrade. We were in convulsions all the way home. 7 and 8 year old girls have a tendency to have contagious giggling fits and I ,not being able to breathe for laughing, would turn red and spluttery and plead for mercy. How often do you do that now?
I think childhood innocence is unparralleled and I have taken a lilliputian amount of that through into adult life. My gosh I had to use "lilliputian"! Although I sound like a complete arse throwing it in how good is that word! Actually I have taken more than a lilliputian (encore for the standing ovation that is that word), I have taken a veritable banquet of childlike behaviours through to adulthood.
There is jumping in puddles where I find it always best if you find a really deep one and then jump as hard as you can, sliding down stair rails getting up enough speed to catapult yourself off the end through the front door and out into the street: "Hello World I'm ready for my day!" and of course there is always good old fashioned supermarket trolley riding which I find is a really handy way to brighten someone's day while they are grocery shopping. If a child does this it's cute and people smile as they walk past. If a grown woman does it the majority of the time you get a good old giggle from other shoppers. It's worth doing.
So today I might do all three. It's raining so I'll have the puddles covered (I have my sassy black boots on after all), my job resides up some stairs with a bannister so that's do-able : "Hello world I'm ready for LUNCH!" and well there's a supermarket round the corner and I need some more dog food. Ready? Set? GO MONDAY!!! Man I feel better already...
Have a good one x
LOVEbird :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment