Friday, November 13, 2020

Lip warmer

An hour and a bit ago I had an obscenely large piece of black forest cherry chocolate cake, I couldn't eat more than half then but as I move inconspicuously away from the couple next to me kissing openly on the street (obscene for me to stand where I was, I may aswell jump, launch myself and straddle them both) I am thinking about the other half....plus "the other half".

I miss being kissed in the street until I'm dizzy in my head. You can see your breath intermingle in Winter and every sound made is clear and listened to. If a pin were to drop...I mean to say, you'd hear it, everything is noted, senses heightened and heart beating audibly in the outdoors nightness.

I briefly noted the hands around her face and the sweetness of his gaze down at this little lady before I moved my body out of the magic not mine . Then as I ambled I realized it might not be the magical fairytale-land I presume in my gorgeous romantic heartmind.

It has been my second hand experience over the past few years that some individuals I have jostled past in my life have been settling for something below their level of integrity. I am blessed to know a number of people who have very high levels of moral behaviour and regard for their fellow heartbeaters, even more blessed to count them inside my small circle of friends. These are mostly environmentalists, animal welfare workers, and conservation advocates simply because those are the work circles I have moved in. Their regard for life is beautiful. However, a conundrum keeps popping out of the blue skies. Why then do they not treat their own hearts and souls with the same amount of respect as they do the Spotted-tailed quoll (go look it up, absolutely stunning) or the deterioration of the rainforest? It's baffling to me.

...and frustrating. I live in a treehouse alone with three small creatures and a large abundance of crazy aussie animals roaming around. I have done the whole "settling" thing. The I can't stand someone not wrapping their arms around me and the I want to make soup with you whilst listening to Gotye's first album and drinking red wine. Please do come and cuddle me at the stove, it makes me slowly warm from the toes to my lips, please don't ever leave me or I don't know what I'd do. However, unless that lip warmer is the one person in the world who you absolutely trust with all of you, your best friend and equal (the one who  it really is, in my humble opinion, to be alone).


No comments:

Post a Comment