Friday, November 13, 2020

I love you in 1997

He didn't miss a beat, foot by foot covering ground closer to me. Man he wasn't slowing down hey, great moonboot leaps and suddenly I was collected into a bearhug on his way travelling through like I was meant to be with him anyway. Spinning and spinning again like a waltzer or a teacup and he was cuddling me up in this "I missed you muchly but you're so very back now" type way. Warmed me to my soles which were quite rightly dangling in the air, no hurry of replanting.

I turned 18 winded, injured and covered in mud, midnight rambling past peddlers of wondrous eats, in the rain in doc martens, with a tent. Music music everywhere...festivities and frivolity. I wish I remembered more about Glastonbury but it's all a Blur (who weren't there unfortunately). I remember only muddiness like suction pads, welly being stuck in until sock was all alone, briefly standing on a hillside with my back to'Sting' in a dream-like state thinking "that voice sounds familiar"...

and I remember 'Kula Shaker', a trippy Hare Krishna rock band (oh Crispian Mills please whisk me backstage and hold me tight til I can't breathe). The Mills boy is not only spindly-like and windswept and interesting with flicky floppy hair but he is also Hayley Mills child and thus John Mills grandchild which gives him a borrowed historical quality beyond his years....and I heart him with all my love...in 1997...







No comments:

Post a Comment