Saturday, April 9, 2011

Remembering the fire

I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, like a longing and it happens most when I am impressed by something, when I am in awe of something wonderful. I have a desire, a fire if you will, and it keeps me smiling :D

On a daily basis I am in awe of things and I think the most amazing fact about life for me is that you can see something special every minute if you really look.

I go to the shops, Coles...but I go in Newport because I feel like I am on holiday while I am there as it's right by the sea. Granted, I am lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful countries in the World but now I feel it's an attitude I am beginning to enjoy having.

So this fire which hasn't yet been extinguished in my now almost 32 years on this Planet knows no bounds. I think I can really do anything I want to if I want it enough. This idea was magically and very beautifully placed in my brain by David & Shirley Ann, my loving parents, and they still maintain it, along with their new partners, who also believe in the power of self-belief. The main point about the fire is that you maintain it yourself. It doesn't actually ever go out. You can be bashed in the head by life but it is still flickering, even if you can't feel the warmth. There's an ember there or maybe even a small flame still there waiting for you to remember it.

I have been through testing times, times where I wanted to curl up into a tiny ball and fade away but it was still there. I am going to do "my thing", maintain "my MOJO" and be everything I can be. Dream your dreams and dream BIG! The possibilities are endless...

My greatest wish when I was in my teens and early 20's was to be "comfortable in my own skin". The concept was so alien to me then that I never thought I would reach it. That feeling when you actually genuinely like yourself and you believe in yourself. I am only in the last 12 months starting to really get it. It's such a secure place. I absolutely adore it. When I was younger, I would trip over my words in social situations, on some occasions behave erratically and run from rooms crying, so unsure of who I was. I believe everyone has equal capabilities, when you begin to see it, it's fantastical (if that isn't a word, it should be).

Don't get me wrong I haven't actually got there yet. I am still travelling to it, as I believe I always will be, but as I go along the way it all gets a little lighter. Life's miniature bumps don't seem so hard if you think about them one at a time and don't ever take them personally because let's face it, if you are behaving in a manner that runs perfectly alongside your morals and values you are maintaining truth in your life.

Oh and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it, who the hell put them in charge anyway :D

1 comment: