"It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive"
I am, at present, travelling hopefully. It takes all the pressure off the past or the future, it actually makes me happier inside the realisation that it actually is ok being in the moment, dreaming of a guy who treats me like Jimmy Stewart treats Donna Reed in that wonderful movie. Dreaming of a little cottage by the sea or just enjoying a night sky with no expectations of when the next starry night might be.
You may think I am contradicting myself here, saying I am happy in the moment but am dreaming of what could be? That's my point. I used to dream and pine for these things and get sad because I didnt have them. Now I look up at the sky and enjoy it, right there. I walk to the Ocean, breathe in and actually feel every breath I take while I look out to sea at a Summer storm over the waves and I'm THERE but I can still dream and think about my cottage and I don't get sad because the moment is what matters.
I really truly do believe that the pursuit of happiness is actually better sometimes. It comforts me and lets me stand still for a minute and smell the rain on the tarmac, listen to the sea at 4am thinking about someone special or play with my dogs on the beach and giggle because Zundy has Phoebe's head in his mouth :) For some crazy reason this Bird is happier now because I know am not finished than when I am concerned with whats next.....the road is fun :)

No comments:
Post a Comment